Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's sad when the semester starts and I cook less!

Well, I know it's been awhile since my last post but really it's been a little rough with my semester starting back at the University as a Jr.. It's taken me some time to get the swing of things.. But I made a dessert for "family dinner night" and thought I'd share =) Simple, sweet and easy end of the summer dessert!

Frozen Banana Split

What You Need:
A Baking Dish or Casserole Dish
Box of Ice cream Sandwiches (I think I used about 12 minis)
2 Cups Whipping Cream
1/3 Cup Sugar
One Bag of Health Candy bar pieces(or make your own)
About 3 Bananas
Sliced Strawberries
Hot Fudge
Carmel


What To Do?

First, get your baking dish or casserole dish and lay your ice cream sandwiches in the bottom, cutting some if needed to fit the dish

Now, make your whipped cream with 2 cups heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup cream (see previous recipe for instructions on how if you dont know, simple)

Sprinkle health pieces sliced bananas and strawberries on top of the ice cream sandwiches and spread fresh whipped cream on top. Sprinkle remaining health (or as much as you like) on top, place in freezer for at least 15 minutes

When ready to serve warm up fudge and carmel, drizzle over top and serve up!


Easy simple dessert! =)

Hopefully, I'll get to post some more things soon!



--From Brook's Kitchen


1 comment:

  1. Yummy... I ate the last of it in the freezer Monday night. :)

    ReplyDelete