Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wait, this isn't ice cream?




Well, this is my first post.. I was trying to think back to something I had a picture of and I found these and although they aren't really something special recipe wise, they are fun decorating wise.. And that's something I also enjoy doing. Sadly I did these in the picture about a year ago for some kids that were coming over to the house, it's really fun for kids, they loved it!

What You Need?

Ice Cream Cones
Favorite hard candy (Exp: M&M's, Skittles, Jelly Beans, Gummy Bears)
Whipped White Icing (Can use whipped chocolate, just not as pretty)
Your Favorite Cake Mix (or the kids favorite!)
Same Flavor Instant Pudding Mix
Gel Food Coloring
Sprinkles


*Mix your favorite cake mix adding the same flavor or instant pudding to the mix.

*Make half regular sized cupcake, half mini
(You want the same amount of each IE: 12 regular 12 mini)

*Cool, Place in freezer or fridge, DO NOT freeze.

*Fill Ice Cream Cone with candy of choice

*Cut tops of mini cupcakes

*Place large cupcake upside down and ice

*Place small cupcake upside down on top of it and ice all over

*Take Offset spatula/ or spoon if you don't have one and make "swirls" in icing to make it look more like soft serve

*Decorate with sprinkles and watch the kids enjoy!!


Sorry about the picture quality it was with my phone a while back! I'll post again tomorrow with recipes for delicious sour cream marinated chicken tenders, loaded mashed potatoes and possibly an Apple cake, or even if it doesn't! haha


~From Brook's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment